Quality Payment Program Submission Basics
You must have an Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account and an appropriate user role associated with your organization.
Individual and Group Data Submission
You can submit data for your practice as a group or for each individual eligible clinician within your practice. Even if you choose one method to start, you can always switch to the other. The QPP will retain all submitted data in their system and calculate an eligible clinician’s score (and MIPS payment adjustment) using the data that results in the higher score.
There is no “submit” or “save” button in the data submission system. When you enter data, the system automatically updates your record. You can update your data any time during the submission window (January 2, 2019 – March 31, 2019). Once the submission period closes on March 31, 2019 (with the exception of the CMS Web Interface), which ends on March 15, 2019 (tentative), CMS will calculate your payment adjustment based on your last submission or submission update.
Automatic Feedback and Scoring
As you enter your data on the QPP, you’ll see initial MIPS performance scoring based on your submissions. This scoring may change if you participate in an APM, report new data, or use quality measures in the Quality performance category that have not yet been benchmarked.
Report Data to CMS Multiple Ways
The submission mechanisms available to you depend on the following:
- Whether you belong to a group
- The size of your group
- The type of health information technology you use
- The performance category on which you’re reporting; and
- Whether you participate in an MIPS APM or Advanced APM
You have until March 31, 2019, to submit data for the 2018 MIPS participation year, except for CMS Web Interface users whose submission window is January 21, 2019 to March 15, 2019 (tentative).
These instructions are for practices that are not reporting via a registry. For MediSys clients or others that purchased Mingle Analytics, they will report your information for you. We advise that you contact your EHR Vendor to see how you will be reporting.
For More Information
- To learn more about the Quality Payment Program data submission system, please review this fact sheet or view any of the following training videos:
- Visit qpp.cms.gov to explore measures and activities and to review guidance on MIPS, APMs, what to report, and more.
- Go to the Quality Payment Program Resource Library on CMS.gov to review Quality Payment Program resources.